Monday, September 6, 2010

What Have We Learned?

A lot actually.  This past weekend was jam-packed full of life lessons.  First and foremost, I learned that it is possible to have a good time on a Friday night in Winona.  You just have to follow the proper procedures.  Which leads me to another pair of life lessons from Friday night.  I was called a Townie for the first time in my life, which was kind of disappointing.  However, the good news is that being 22 years old makes me "just a baby", and yes I'm still trying to figure out where that ranks on the scale of "Most Embarrassing Things Girls Have Said to Me".  I guess being 25 in Winona makes you an authority on those types of things.

On Saturday my family and I went to Rochester for a cousin's wedding/vow renewal ceremony, which leads me to Reason #649 why I need to find a job: I am starting to get tired of everyone asking me what I am doing now that I have graduated.  This is starting to become a topic I can't escape, especially when talking to people who are interested in my well-being.  When I told a family friend that I had graduated he posed the question "So what did you learn?".  My immediate response was "aaahhhaahhh........I don't know, nothing?".  DAMN IT!  I FORGOT EVERYTHING ALREADY!  I have a backpack full of books sitting in my room (half of which I never read), and if I weren't taking a little trip this weekend I probably would go at least another three months with out touching that bag.  Is that how much I value my college education?  God, I'm ashamed of myself.

(come on, you all know I'm not really ashamed of myself...I'm just trying to not be proud of myself)

But on Sunday came the most disappointing revelation.  Running one of my favorite 9 mile routes and realizing that its only 8.7 has me doubting everything I ever thought I knew about the world...ok not really, I was just trying to exaggerate for effect (What?  It didn't work?  Yeah, I'm not surprised).

In closing I want to congratulate the Saint Mary's mens Cross Country team for winning their Alumni Invite last Saturday.  Unfortunately for them, the rest of the teams there weren't trying...oh how I long for the days where our team at Cotter could have beaten them, you know back when I was a 17 year old infant.

1 comment:

  1. Yea winona nights! John fox and i are moving to our new place soon. Ull have to check it out

    ReplyDelete