Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Its hard to appreciate days where I have nothing to do.  Mostly because that's just about everyday.  What have I done today so far?  Woke up around 8:30, went to church at 10:30, and then went for a run.  After finishing my run I took a shower and ate lunch.  There was nothing good on to watch on television, so I took the time to get a bit of entertainment out of watching my Dad sit in the rocking chair (that he will likely fall asleep in at least once today) and think "this is what I am going to turn in to".  Believe me people, the signs are starting to show.  Just ask my sister Liz, she will tell you all about it.

(My God, if you are actually reading this I am truly sorry, your life must suck more than mine!)

Which leads me to where I am right now.  Sitting in front of the computer typing up a blog entry that I would guess maybe three people will read (and to those three people I direct you to my above apology).  I will have some major decisions to make today though.  First off, I have to decide if I want to catch the last half-hour of the two day old Brussels Diamond League track and field meet, or should I say the leftovers in the fridge that is NBC sports.  Last week they had someone other than Tom Hammond doing play-by-play, so if its the same different guy again this week it might be worth it.  Otherwise I will just have to once again enjoy the irony of him being the go to guy for both human racing and horse racing.  Later tonight I am going to have to decide if I want to watch the Emmy's (yep, that's my charity for the week...supporting a 4th place network like NBC twice in one day!)  I think the only way that would be entertaining is if I count the number of times Jimmy Fallon looks into the camera and laughs at his own jokes, or if I counted the times I say the phrase "Conan would have done a better job hosting".

(if you are still reading this, you have serious problems and should probably consult a therapist)

Most importantly, I have a fantasy football draft to attend to today.  Normally I like to avoid all Minnesota Vikings, and that shouldn't be hard this year with Adrian Peterson likely going 1st or 2nd (I pick 3rd) and also due to Sidney Rice's hip surgery.  Once again I get stuck in a co-managing situation, like last year, just with a new co-manager.  I got out of the last team by saying I didn't think a long distance co-managing situation would work...somehow my new co-owner is located even further away than last year.  Across the hall was too close, so I guess I'll have to try across the country...that should work great.  Either way, my luck has been pretty bad as of late, so its bound to turn around for a little while.  If I had to make a guess I bet our team starts out 8-0, proceeds to back its way into the playoffs, and then gets absolutely eviscerated in the first round.

So, if you actually stuck it out until the end you get to read the good news too!  I have found another job opening to investigate tomorrow that I have a good feeling about.  Damn, there's one more sign that I am turning into my Dad...I go to church this morning and now I start to get good feelings about things for no reason.  Well I'm already shirtless and wearing athletic shorts...guess I might as well fall asleep in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment