I wasn't really sure, but I guess my last post was kind of negative and depressing...well this should be a little happier. I had a lead on a job in Sauk Rapids, and had an interview scheduled for about 15 minutes today. I don't want to pass any judgments here, but when a company doesn't have a website in the year 2010 and when your contact won't tell you what the company does until you call back to ask it probably isn't a good thing. Maybe it was just my instinct to want to move back to the St. Cloud area at this time of year kicking in, but after thinking about it for a while I just wasn't getting a good feeling about this company. Either that or it was the conversation I had with a friend last week about how "I need to move back to SJU". So actually I kind of feel like HE owes ME an apology (don't worry, he will understand the joke). Anyways, turns out I lost a ton of sleep this weekend for nothing now, but the good news is that I am no worse off than I was a week ago. Still unemployed with no leads, but still lucky enough that my parents are supportive and also have promised that they won't kick me out of the house.
So now that I got that mess out of the way, lets talk about something I really enjoy. I just finished my second 100 mile week in a row, and if I wasn't racing this weekend I would probably squeeze another 100 in this week. What I've noticed is that I am icing a lot less, and relying way less on ibuprofen to get myself through this high mileage than I did back in February. My daily runs have been excellent with my pace almost always being around 6:50 per mile, and often dipping into the 6:40s and even 6:30s. What really has me feeling good is that I am able to hold that pace on my long runs as well. I'm just starting to throw some speed work in there, and I'm hoping it will pay off soon. The big question is can I finally get under the 16 minute barrier for 5K. I ran 16:16 about 3 weeks ago and that was off of mileage alone, no speed work. Not only that but I ran that race with my head up my ass....correction, I ran the first 800 meters of that race with my head up my ass, and once I realized what I had done it was too late. It was difficult to be disappointed with that though, because 16:16 was a 30 second road PR and the fastest I had ever run at that point of training. I've been putting in one hard effort a week now for the last month and I really think its going to pay off on Saturday. That and the Goodview Gallop course is so flat it might as well be on a track. I really want to see 15:XX when I cross the line Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment