Being pelted in the face by tiny bits of ice for 20 miles.....NOT FUN! I swear I must have run up every last hill in Madison today. Whats the worst part about adding a new loop to an old route? Realizing right before the turn that you just added another 100 meter hill to an already difficult run. As painful as this mornings run was, I have decided that I am really looking forward to doing it again (hopefully in better weather next time). I then ask myself "why?"...and that question is quickly answered by the quart and a half of English toffee ice cream sitting next to me. A little expensive, but totally worth it.
Wait a second...should I really be calling ice cream expensive? I did order an X-Box yesterday, so I should probably redefine my idea of expensive. The good news was that I found out I would be able to get away with buying the $200 model instead of the $300 model. After that I decided "I might as well buy one today!"...easier said than done. Good lord, I felt like Arnold Schwarzenegger looking for a Turboman doll. They were sold out at Target, and the only ones they had at BestBuy came with Kinect. I can only assume that looking at that shelf is what it must have been like finding a shelf full of Booster dolls (if you aren't familiar with the classic Christmas film "Jingle All the Way", these references will not make sense). I thought to myself that this was the universe trying to tell me not to buy an X-Box. And then when I tried to order one online, I got a message back saying my order could not be processed because there was a problem with my debit card. Oh wow, I'm starting to get a little creeped out by this. Good news is that the universe was not telling me to not buy an X-Box. It was telling me to open a new bank account. All I needed to do was realize that my billing address is NOT Madison, it's Winona. Second try, card accepted.
Ok, so normally I only blog about running and other stupid crap that goes on in my life (wait, I have a life?). So I just want to warn anyone reading this that the last paragraph here might be a little bit more...how should I say this.....angry. In case you don't know, I visited friends in the Twin Cities quite a few times over the summer. I have also driven to or through the Twin Cities a handful of times since moving to Madison. I've told this to people from Winona, and people in Madison, but never to people who live in the Twin Cities...so strap in. Most people I know who live in the Twin Cities, don't give a damn about people who don't. News flash....Minneapolis and St. Paul aren't that much cooler than the rest of the state. I was invited to visit people in the Twin Cities this weekend, and also next weekend. Yeah, not gonna happen. My idea of fun is not driving for 4 hours after work on a Friday night, and then driving 4 hours back to Madison (tired and hungover I might add) on a Sunday morning. I understand that goes two ways, and other people don't want to have to drive 4 hours to Madison, but I've invited people to Winona before too and most often didn't get any type of response. So you know what? Twin Cities dudes, consider this your open invitation to come stay with me in Madison any time you want. I'm deciding that until you come here, I won't be making any plans to come to St. Paul.
..........and yes, I am fully expecting you guys to give me a hard time when I end up coming to see you before you see me.
No comments:
Post a Comment