Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Into The Wild

The big day is finally here.  I don't start work until next Monday, but tomorrow is moving day.  Starting tomorrow I have no more safety net, and a ton more responsibility.  But on the bright side I can finally act my age, instead of having to be telling someone where I'm going all the time.  Like I told my Mom last week, the only reason my parents know I'm going to SJU this weekend is because they are going to be there also.  I'm a little nervous, or should I say extremely paranoid.  Mostly about money....ok, entirely about money.  Why don't we just say my pockets will be pretty air-tight until I get my first paycheck.

I know last week I said I would probably be posting next from Madison, but I have no idea when I will be able to get internet hooked up, and I would rather not sit in some library for an hour so I'm just going to knock this one out right now.  I have a feeling I'm going to be logging some quality N64 hours the next two days.  After being unemployed for as long as I was, you would think I could entertain myself easily for hours.  Taking away TV and internet means the next two days are going to be pretty brutal....a guy can only run for so long (considering I'm a bit out of shape, its even less time than usual).

It looks like all votes have been cast for the first ever poll on the blog, and no there will not be a recount.  In case you are wondering (if you are, then I'm wondering why you care about my hair style choice) the winner was "trim a couple inches".  And I already had that taken care of.  They probably took a little bit more off than I wanted, but I'm not sporting the skinhead look either.  I told myself a long time ago that as soon as my hair started to thin-out I was going to just shave it all off....that was before I let it grow long.  Since then I've adopted a new strategy.  HOLD ON TO WHAT I HAVE LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!!!  I got a job with long hair, so I might as well keep it.  Oh, and I know I'm going to take a lot of crap for this, but I'm doing it anyway.  For a while now I've wondered what my hair would look like a different color....so yeah, we'll probably be going a shade darker sometime on Thursday.  This decision also has nothing (I mean EVERYTHING) to do with me wanting to find a way to make my hair look thicker.

Now on a serious note....when I graduated from high school I told myself that I was going to change.  I was going to become a new person.  A confident, social, outgoing person....it took me 3 years to do it, but it finally happened.  Well I'm giving myself a similar mission starting tomorrow.  Joe from 2006 would get eaten alive moving to Madison.  Joe from 2010 on the other hand is ready for the challenge.  Joe from 2010 also doesn't sleep very well the night before anything more exciting than watching TV in his parents basement.  Lord knows I'll need to be rested for this weekend, and for starting work next week.  Ok, enough of this serious crap.  I have to get back to coming up with new ways to make fun of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment