For those of you just joining us (or should I say those who are still around?), I have been living with my parents since graduating from Saint John's in May, and I have been unemployed (partially my own fault) since the end of July. I can't remember off the top of my head when I started the blog, but I do know I've been complaining about how much my life sucks the entire time. What has it brought me? Three interviews last week, and another two this week. Picture this...its Friday afternoon, and I'm packing up for a fun weekend in the Twin Cities with some friends from SJU, and I get another call to set up an interview with a third different place I have applied to. I was so jazzed up about my interview in Madison I didn't even remember I had sent these people my resume.
(by the way, this blog is not the place to talk about last weekend. Too much of the story would have to be left out. There are certain people who read this that don't need to know every little detail of my life. So, if you think you are one of those people, just don't ask.)
Remember when I mentioned that I thought my luck was turning around? Yeah, the events of the last week and a half are only enforcing the idea that if I keep complaining about my life it will get better...note to self start complaining MORE about these things....
-I'm not a fast enough runner
-I live with my parents
-There is nothing to do on the weekends in Winona (I seriously only have 3 or maybe 4 friends left in town)
-I don't know how to talk to women
Ok, but enough about how much my life sucks (wait, isn't that a weekly theme?). Lets talk about how much it sucks to be Randy Moss. Yes, he probably feels like an idiot today, but think about this....if Terrell Owens could find a different team stupid enough to sign him the last two years then there will be work out there for you Randy. As a former (yes, I specifically am saying FORMER) Vikings fan, I probably should have guessed this would happen. Most people with at least half of a brain knew there was no way he would sign a new deal with the Vikes at years end, but this was a little sudden. As a Randy Moss fan, I am pretty pleased by this news. Unless he goes to Buffalo, Carolina, or San Francisco, the odds of seeing 84 win a Super Bowl are going to improve.
Staying in the sports world for a little longer, I couldn't care less about the SF Giants winning the World Series. It was merely a reminder that quality pitching is the key to winning, not to mention a reminder that the Twins pitching staff is NEVER EEEEEEVER as good as people think. Boy I remember a couple years ago when they used to make excuses about how we couldn't make the big trade-deadline move because we didn't want to give up Liriano and Baker. Those guys were like, so totally the future OMG! Since 2006 they have a combined record of 90-71, and an ERA over 4.00. These guys aren't prospects anymore, and they sure as hell aren't young enough to give them anymore time. Oops, I forgot for a second that Minnesota is probably one of the most tortured states/cities in all of professional sports. At least we have the Gophers...I mean Brock Lesnar...I mean, ummmmm, Larry Fitzgerald? Ok nevermind....its been years, so this is clearly something that my complaints can't change. Lets hope my interview in Madison works out. That way I might be able to justify cheering for sports teams/athletes who actually have a chance at winning something.
Oh, and I'm also putting links on the side of my blog now. So for anyone who wants to see me make money, please click them. It was pointed out to me that if I actually get a job my material here might suffer, due to a lack of writing time.
Ok, I know I posted this maybe 10 minutes ago, but I decided not to do the ads. That stuff was waaaay too confusing and I don't want to have to involve that stuff when I do taxes. It would just complicate things. Oh yeah, and I just all around suck.
ReplyDelete