Sunday, October 17, 2010

We Should Put My Life on TV

So, I've been watching a lot of television lately.  It took me until this week to realize that I can no longer watch many of my favorite shows, due to the fact that my parents refuse to pay for the good channels (by good channels I mean basic cable).  I've been faced with deciding whether or not it is worth it to try and watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and "South Park" on a scrambled screen with low quality audio.  What's that you say?  I could just watch them a week later on the internet?  Oh wait, not only is my parents computer a piece of garbage, but trying to watch European track meets online with my computer over the summer taught me that city wide wireless internet in Winona might be a million-dollar idea waiting to happen.  What does all this mean?  I'm jumping into "How I Met Your Mother" a few seasons too late, and have gone back to "Two and a Half Men" to help solidify the fact that I am turning into a 40 year old 18 years too early.  Oh yeah, and I watch TMZ so often that I have now had multiple dreams (nightmares?) that I work for Harvey Levin.  But of course there is always the Maury show...watching the scum that shows up there makes me feel a lot better about my life.

Then there are the video games.  WWF No Mercy can't entertain a man forever, meaning sometimes you have to switch to playing 10 seasons of John Madden football in a one month span.  I'm not sure of what year the game came out, but to give you and idea of how old it is this is the game with Daunte Culpepper on the cover.  What this means is that the return of Randy Moss to the Vikings officially makes this game my only possession more out-dated than my jerseys (Moss/Vikings, Santana/Twins, Garnett/Twolves, Szczerbiak/Celtics, and wait for it.......Stockton/Jazz).  Pretty sure I bought that game from Blockbuster around 6 or 7 years ago.

Don't be getting any ideas that I am a lazy bum...in my defense none of this is by choice.  As of last Tuesday I have three active job applications (yeah, be proud of me).  Nothing really good has happened to me for a while, so I have a good feeling that one of these is going to come through for me.  Either that or its just another false hope that will give me a reason to get out of bed in the morning for the next two weeks.  Speaking of reason's to get out of bed in the morning...I am in no way surprised that the Twins got swept again.

(please take this moment to go back and check the post from a couple weeks ago where I said everyone can blame me for cursing the Twins by saying that they were one of three teams who could potentially win the World Series)

Go Rangers!

(this spot will most likely be filled with "Go Phillies!" or "Go Giants!" a week from now....any one but the Yankees.  Please help me out with this one 8 lb. 6 oz. tiny infant baby Jesus)

LIGHTNING ROUND:
-There are a few things I could have never imagined I would do in my lifetime, but last Monday I made a run to the liquor store with my Grandpa...my only regret is that I didn't make a joke about the guy behind the counter not carding him.  It would have been a cheap laugh, but it would have been worth it.
-I've had a good two weeks to relax and let myself get fat, but I shouldn't finish an 8 mile run and feel like it was 20...ever.
-Earlier this week I attempted to do a video blog...while I was running.  I got this great idea about how I should start video taping everything I do and post it on the internet, which would clearly lead to me becoming a huge internet reality TV star.  But after watching the video that I took running I realized that I shook the camera so much that it would more than likely only make people throw-up from watching it.
-Jim Drews invite looked pretty rough for Johnnie CC yesterday...until I looked at the times.  After seeing what some of those guys ran I decided that I would probably give up one of my kidneys for a chance to run that course when it was dry like yesterday instead of soaking wet like it was the last two years.
-Now that all the Chilean miners have been rescued we should come up with a use for that hole in the ground...I suggest we send Bill O'Reilly down there....yeah, I might as well admit I watched him on "The View" this week.
-As much as I don't want to start making student loan payments, November can't come soon enough.  Those damn political ads really need to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment